vida mind – mental conditioning – mental training – sport psychology
Australia – Melbourne – Sydney – Adelaide – Canberra – Brisbane
You know the benefits of physically warming up. For an optimal preparation you can associate your physical warm-up to a psychological warm-up. You can do it simply shifting your focus on the psychological skills inherent in the activites already performed in technical or physical warm-ups. Although your coach may have to initially direct you to attend to specific psychological skills at various stages of the warm-up, you will in time, individualise your approach.
Physical Warm-up / Mental Warm-up
- Gentle jogging / Motivation: happy to run, ready for action
- Mobility drills / Emotional control: breathing
- Dynamic stretching / Focus: Awareness of body response and environmental conditions
- Final activity / Control of thoughts: being positive
Technical Warm-up / Mental Warm-up
- Mini-tennis / Motivation: having success
- Gentle hitting from the baseline / Emotional control: relaxing muscles
- Using the whole court / Focus: concentration on contact zone/point
- Playing some points / Control of thoughts: use of routines
If you want to know more about Vida Mind, do a free session with Dr. Damien Lafont. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0435 819 262 and he will get in touch with you to schedule 45 min with you either in person or over Skype. In this free info session with him, you’ll go through what is keeping your performing at your best. You’ll know Dr Lafont, how he works and whether you are a good fit for each other.